Thursday, July 17, 2014

Penguins and Stripes (Plus Tutorial)

There is never a wrong time for cute animals. And even though it's summer, it's a perfect time to sport some wintery penguins on your nails!


I've included a tutorial for the penguin nail art after the jump, so read on!



For the striped nails, I started with a base of OPI Alpine Snow, a white creme. Then I used a striper brush to add vertical stripes of Essie Butler Please, a purple-leaning blue creme.


For the penguin accent nails, I started with a base of Essie Butler Please. Then I added a layer of OPI Alpine Snow over it, leaving some blue showing in a crescent shape. Next, I used a nail art brush and an orange polish (Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Sun Kissed) to add round feet and a triangular beak. I used a longer nail art brush to draw a scarf (China Glaze Hey Sailor). Lastly I added the smallest details with dotting tools and a striper brush: black eyes (China Glaze Liquid Leather), pink cheeks (Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Bubblegum Pink), and stripes on the scarf (OPI Alpine Snow). Clean up any mess around your cuticles and you're done! Now you have a cute penguin on your nail.

Be sure to let it all dry for a while before you add your top coat; you don't want any of the colors to streak!


I am literally in love with how cute these nails came out.

No comments:

Post a Comment