Saturday, March 16, 2013

Glitter Accent Fishtails

I tried a new (for me) type of manicure today: the fishtail. Also known as a braided mani. Either way, it's simple to do and looks awesome. (Side note: these are the last of the iPhone photos! I got another new camera - same model as last time. But this time it's red!)


I followed a tutorial from Lucy's Stash, which you can find here, because explaining this in words will be difficult. But basically, you paint your nails a base color, and then you paint overlapping diagonal stripes. You use 3 colors total. It's really easy, it just takes a bit of patience! It's also best to use colors that are pretty opaque so you don't have to go over each stripe a million times.


The colors I used are Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Mellow Yellow and Sun Kissed, and Milani One Coat Glitter in Purple Gleam. It's all sealed with a coat of Seche Vite, as usual.



I really like the fishtail technique! I'll definitely be doing it again. It's an easy way to incorporate several colors into your mani which is always a plus. It also makes a great accent nail if you don't have the time or patience to do a full mani.

No comments:

Post a Comment