Sunday, February 3, 2013

Whimsical Ideas by Pam: I Heart NY

Hello readers! I've really been enjoying my time so far in Sheffield, England. I've already visited three really great cities - Liverpool, York, and Manchester. They were all lovely in their own way. I have a soft spot for our Liverpool trip though: We saw so many Beatles sights! I'll have a post about the mani I wore in Liverpool eventually (with a Beatles themed polish), so perhaps I'll post a few pictures with that :)

Anyway, onto the polish. Today's polish is based on one of my favorite places in the world: New York City, which is conveniently located just across the river from my hometown. It's called I Heart NY from Whimsical Ideas by Pam.


I Heart NY is a collection of black and white hex glitters and red hearts suspended in a clear base. There are also some tiny black hexes in there too.


This polish is PACKED with glitter. I used just one coat of I Heart NY over a base of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Pink Satin, a pink chrome. The glitters distributed pretty well, though I did have to finagle some of the hearts to get them where I wanted. But the hearts came out of the bottle quite readily, which was nice.


Next time, I'll use a different base. Pink Satin turned all strange and streaky, and I don't like how it looked very much. But I Heart NY was lovely. But it makes me feel the tiniest bit homesick since I'm so far from my beloved New York!


This polish is really awesome, and it's a great tribute to one of the the greatest cities in the world ;) Whimsical Ideas by Pam can be purchased via email; see her Facebook page for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment