Friday, February 15, 2013

Neon Puzzle Pieces

I have some really fun nail art for you today - neon puzzle pieces! I'm quite proud of how these came out. And as an added bonus, they're really bright, which is just how I like my nail polish.



There are more pictures than usual, so you can see the rest after the jump :)



I started with White on White by China Glaze as a base so the neon would really pop. Then I thought it'd be wise to start with the lightest color first, so I painted my nails with two coats of ORLY Glowstick, a great neon yellow. I let that dry, then taped off my nails and painted the upper right with ORLY Melt Your Popsicle, a neon orange. I think at this point I got impatient and freehand painted the bottom half of my nails with China Glaze In The Lime Light, a neon green. I let that dry and freehanded the lower right section with China Glaze Purple Panic. So by then, I had nails with four squares of different colors.


Then to make them look like puzzle pieces, I grabbed a fairly large dotting tool and added dots of color to the border of each section. And that's it! I added a coat of Seche Vite to smooth it all out and give it that shiny look.


I'm pretty enamored with these nails. I couldn't stop looking at them, and I got lots of compliments on them!



And here they are in sunlight.

Anyway, I hope you like these nails as much as I did! The only downside is that they started chipping super fast - boo :( Oh well, they were fun while they lasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment