Saturday, December 15, 2012

Pokeball Nail Art!

Happy Saturday! I keep forgetting what day of the week it is. I find it hard to remember without the routine of classes. Not that I'm complaining :) Anyway, today I have some fun nail art for you. Pokeballs!


Growing up, Pokemon was one of my favorite things. I had a ton of action figures, trading cards, videogames; I even woke up early on Saturdays to watch the cartoons! These days, I'm still into Pokemon, despite being a junior in college. I recently bought the latest game for my Nintendo DS :D Always embrace your inner child.


To make my Pokeball nails, I started with a white base - two coats of China Glaze White on White. Then I painted the top half of my nails red using China Glaze Hey Sailor. I freehanded it since the lines don't have to be super clean; they get covered up anyway. Next, I took a striping brush and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Black Out and painted lines where the red and white met. Then I used a dotting tool to make a big black dot, and then a smaller dotting tool to make the smaller white dots inside. And that's it! Fairly simple, but I think it's totally awesome.



Pokeball nails are a great way to celebrate your inner child. I got lots of compliments on them too. Even from strangers! I'm sure I'll do these nails again - I just love them so much.

Gotta catch 'em all!

No comments:

Post a Comment