Saturday, December 29, 2012

Dotted Christmas Trees

As I said in my last post, my original Christmas nails chipped before Christmas :( Of course, I couldn't have chipped nails for the holiday, so I did some new nail art.


I'd seen some dotted Christmas trees on some other blogs, and I loved the look of them. So I tried my own!


I started with a base of ORLY Au Champagne, a white with a soft shimmer. I used various size of dotting tools and some green polishes to make triangle shapes on each nail. The greens I used were China Glaze Glittering Garland, China Glaze Running in Circles, and Sinful Colors Exotic Green. I added some red "ornaments" using China Glaze Hey Sailor. Then I topped each tree with a dot of Sinful Colors Pull Over for a star.



I think this design is easy enough for nail art beginners to do if they're looking for a holiday look, but it's still really cool! I love the abstractness. It feels artsy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment