Friday, November 16, 2012

Ninja Polish/Nail-Venturous: Floam (Bonus Accent Nail Art!)

TGIF! I've had a particularly long week, so here's to a great weekend :)

Today, I have Floam by Ninja Polish (formerly by Nail-venturous).


Floam is a mix of tiny, matte lime green and turquoise glitters suspended in a clear base. Which makes it pretty much perfect in my eyes - two of my favorite colors!


I started with a base of Turned Up Turquoise by China Glaze (I've actually put quite a dent in this polish). Then I layered on two coats of Floam. I decided I wanted to do a little bit of nail art as well, so I skipped the Floam on my ring finger. When applying a thick polish like Floam, give it some time to dry between coats so you don't wind up messing up the previous layers. I didn't have any problems with application; I think the formula was pretty good!


As for the accent nail, I let Turned Up Turquoise dry, then used triangles of tape to block off the top. I added a layer of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Black Out and let that dry. Then I took more tape triangles and blocked off the turquoise and most of the black, and used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Green With Envy for the last layer. I used some Seche Vite to smooth everything out!





I'm really happy with this polish - it's so fun!

You can buy Floam directly from Ninja Polish. They have other colors of Floam; collect them all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment