Thursday, November 8, 2012

Halloween Nails: Gypsy/Pirate

I didn't actually dress up on Halloween this year, but I did dress up for Halloweekend, aka the weekend closest to Halloween where college students dress up and throw parties. I hate spending money on costumes, so I came up with ideas that were relatively easy to dress up as. I was a gypsy the first night, and the second night my friends and I dressed up as the characters from Peter Pan. I was Captain Hook :) I decided to do nails that could work for both costumes. They needed to be glittery and over the top. So I came up with these!


These (sadly) are iPhone pictures as well, so I apologize for any lack in quality! Anyway, I started out with a base of Midtown Magic by China Glaze, an almost black brown with lots of different color shimmer. Then I used a makeup sponge to add a few layers of a glitter gradient. I started with Another Heart Breaks by Dandy Nails, then I added Divebomb by Candeo Colors, and finally topped those off with Batman by Daring Digits. I loved how it looked just like that, but I decided to go bigger.


I pulled out some rhinestones that I purchased from the Born Pretty store online and added them to every nail. I picked colors that complimented the colors of the glitter, too. I think the rhinestones gave this mani the extra drama it needed for Halloween!


I'm a big fan of dramatic Halloween makeup, so these nails were a lot of fun for me to do! My friends and I had a great time, and we took lots of great pictures :)

Here's me as Captain Hook:


Hope you all had a great Halloween as well - even if this is a bit late!

2 comments: