Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Different Dimensions: Light It Up Blue (For Autism)

I have another indie polish for you today. It's by Different Dimensions, and it's called Light It Up Blue (For Autism).


Light It Up Blue is a sheer blue base with tiny silver holographic and blue hex glitters. There are also some large matte white hexes in there too. But the best part about this polish? It glows in the dark!


The base of this polish is quite sheer, so I started with a base of White on White by China Glaze. Then I added three coats of Light It Up Blue.


I wish I would have stuck to two coats, because between a base color, three coats, and a top coat, I've got a lot of polish on my nails. But I just didn't feel like the blue was even in two coats.


Regardless, the polish is very pretty. The white hex glitters came out readily, and the glitter distributed evenly. The holographic sparkle is also very nice! These pictures are in the shade since the sun didn't want to come out today, but you can still see the rainbow sparkle.


Taking pictures of glow in the dark nails is hard! I charged these by holding them up to a light for about 45 seconds. The glow lasted for a few minutes in the dark. And they glow blue! Before Light It Up Blue, I only had polishes that glow green.


I think it looks extra interesting because of the glitter. 

You can purchase Different Dimensions polishes from her Etsy shop. Two of her polishes, Light It Up Blue and Puzzle Pieces, were inspired by Autism Speaks and World Autism Day. 50% of the cost of those polishes will be donated to Autism Speaks.

1 comment: