Friday, August 31, 2012

Patchwork

My first week of classes is complete! I have so much reading and homework to do already :( But at least my nails are cute. Today, I have a patchwork mani for you.


I made this mani by starting out with a base of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Violet Voltage, a lavender. I was really impressed; it covered really well in one coat! There was slight VNL, but I stuck with one coat since I knew I'd be covering the tips anyway. I let that dry and used tape to section off the nail before adding a coat of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Golden-I, a really pretty antique gold. I let that dry before sectioning off my nails with tape once more. Then I added a coat of Sexy Divide by Essie, a deep purple. I topped it all off with a coat of Seche Vite.




Unfortunately, I had a little bit of shrinkage from the Seche, which you can see in this close up picture :(



I'm pleased with how this came out though! It's quite pretty. I wish I had the patience to do tape manis more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment