Saturday, August 11, 2012

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Nails!

Hello everyone. I'm down the shore for the weekend, but I'm stuck inside due to my injured foot. Thankfully ABC Family is having a Harry Potter weekend! I'm a huge fan of the series, and today I have some Harry Potter nail art for you. I'm still testing the wear of Mr. Bubble, and it still hasn't chipped (which is extraordinary; most polishes chip after 2 days on me). 

I did this manicure over a year ago for the premiere of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part Two (has it really been that long since the release already?!). I dressed up as a student of my house, Ravenclaw, and went to the midnight release with my best friends. We were first in line! I decided that some Harry Potter themed nails were necessary for the occasion. I did a nail for each house: Gryffindor on my index fingers, Ravenclaw on my middle fingers, Slytherin on my ring fingers, and Hufflepuff on my pinkies. I painted the lighter base color on each nail first, then used squares of tape to make the checked design with the darker color. On my left thumb, I painted the HP logo, and I painted the Deathly Hallows mark on my right thumb. They're a bit messy; bear in mind that this was over a year ago, relatively early in my foray into more complicated nail art. Nevertheless, I liked how they came out!

Right Hand
Left Hand

I used a ton of colors in these, but here's a list:

White: Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in White On
Red: Brucci Nail Hardener in Therese is Red Hot
Gold: OPI in Curry Up Don't Be Late
Bronze: Sephora by OPI in Rumba Romance
Blue: OPI in Yoga-ta Get This Blue
Silver: Sephora by OPI in Queen of Everything
Yellow: Sally Hansen HD in Lite
Black: Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Black Out

And that's all of them! I'd like to do Harry Potter nails again someday. I got a lot of comments on these.

No comments:

Post a Comment